Celebrate Gympie’s history as “the town that saved Queensland from bankruptcy” when James Nash first discovered gold back in 1867.
There’s something for everyone at the Gold Rush Festival
Great music, delicious food, craft beers, relaxed picnics, kids rides, and street performers. It’s the perfect way for you and your family to enjoy your weekend.
Friday 18 October – Gold Rush Parade
6:00pm-9:00pm, Mary Street, Gympie
Largescale lanterns, and hundreds of handheld LED items made by the community.
Live entertainment, food vans, kids rides, street performers.
Saturday 19 October – Gold Rush Carnival
From 2:00pm Lake Alford and Gympie Gold Mining & Historical Museum, Gympie
• Old ways and wares market, displays and FREE museum tours
• Vintage and highland style games
• Two stages of live music – the main stage entertainment featuring folk and roots music
• Bootleg bar and street food craft beers and Indigenous, Chinese and Scottish flavours
• Nashy’s Big Beard Bonanza Competition
• Gold Rush evening fire event
Sunday 20 October – Gold Rush Picnic Day
Take time to celebrate our community and our open spaces. A day of picnics, laughs and outdoor fun with family, friends, and neighbours across Gympie. Plan your picnic packs available from www.gympie.qld.gov.au/goldrush.
Find out more at www.gympie.qld.gov.au/goldrush